Saturday, December 3, 2011

Simple excitement

I realized the other day that while I read other people's blogs fairly regularly, I seldom take the time to write in my own. Immediately, I came to a conclusion: I don't write as much as I should, because my life doesn't seem nearly as exciting as those around me, which of course, is entirely my fault. Then, my brain continued wandering, as it often does, and I decided that by golly, I'm pretty content with my life. I need to embrace the simple excitement that fills it. In honor of that conclusion, here are 3 things that made me smile or think this past week.
  1. In the FFA parliamentary procedure contest, students are given motions to use to complete various abilities. Tuesday, during practice, one of the motions I gave my students was "to purchase five bred gilts for the FFA lab." Those of us in agriculture, understand that bred gilts are young, pregnant female hogs. While discussing this motion, however, one of the girls missed the memo and declared that they we should in fact purchase new bred gilts, because our old ones are broken. Apparently, she thought they were tools. I laughed a while over that one. 
  2. I turned 26 a week ago. When I think of everything that has taken place already over the span of my life, I get pretty excited to think about the future. 26 years, God willing, is just a drop in the bucket.
  3. I caught up with my good friend Amanda this week. I love when you can not see anyone for a while (almost a year) and pick up right were you left off. I'm blessed with amazing friends.
Over the coming weeks, I'm going to look for the small joys and embrace the excitement that surrounds me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment