Monday, November 11, 2013

Married to a farmer

I have a confession to make: I get a little irritated when people complain about their spouses' work schedule. If they think they have a rough schedule or think they work a lot of hours, they should try being married to a farmer.

Ironically, when I started typing the title of this blog post, I left out the last "er," so it read, "Married to a farm." In a lot of ways, we are married to a farm, but I wouldn't change being"Married to a farmer," for anything.

I'm so glad that my husband gets to do something he is 110% passionate about every day. Sure, it means long hours, but I know there's nothing else he would rather do. He is making a difference, right here within a few miles of our home. I hope one day our boys will be able to farm, if that's what they choose to do.

For other farm wives out there, I know this time of year is tough. Long hours and short fuses can get the best of us if we let it. Instead, let's focus on staying positive, and remember there are perks to this job. Where else do you get views like this?




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I've gotten frustrated at "those people" from multiple viewpoints, from my previous viewpoint as a non-typical teacher, as the wife to a man who both farms at home and is the farm coordinator for a research station, and as a mom to a special needs child. Just like you though, I wouldn't change any of it. Love the picture by the way! Farms provide some of the best photo opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody told me one time, "You don't get anywhere complaining about time. Only you get to choose how you spend it." Sounds about right!

    ReplyDelete