My good friend Cassie is a MILFF. Not that kind of MILF! She's a Mom Investing in Literature, Family, and Friends. She blogs at http://momsshouldreadthis.blogspot.com/
Yesterday, in an attempt to revive her blog, she started a 21 day blogging challenge, and I'm jumping on board!
Here's the fun part - I want you to do it with us!
Just post your response or answer to the topic in the comments below - feel free to use this challenge on your own social media of choice too.
21-Day Blogging Challenge
Day 1 - Name 10 random facts about yourself.
Day 2 - List 5 things you would tell your 16 year old self if you could.
Day 3 - Name the 5 things that make you the happiest right now.
Day 4 - What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
Day 5 - What defines you?
Day 6 - Name 5 of your biggest pet peeves.
Day 7 - Describe a typical day in your life.
Day 8 - Describe 3 of your best childhood memories.
Day 9 - Describe 5 of your strengths.
Day 10 - Describe 5 of your weaknesses.
Day 11 - If you could have one superpower, what would it be,
why and what would be the first thing you'd do with it?
Day 12 - List your top 3 hobbies and why you love them.
Day 13 - Describe your first job and your current job.
Day 14 - What is your love language?
Day 15 - Name your top 3 favorite childhood toys.
Day 16 - What popular notion do you think the world has wrong?
Day 17 - If you could have dinner with anyone in history,
who would it be and what would you talk about?
Day 18 - Name the top 5 people who have influence you most and how.
Day 19 - What are two life changing events you have experienced?
Day 20 - What are the 3 hardest things you have learned in life?
Day 21 - What do you want to be remembered for?
So, today, 10 random facts.
- I was born with 12 fingers. They call it polydactylism or something like that. On each of my pinkies, I had skin and cartilage, but no bone. When I was born, they tied a string around them so they would fall off. In my mom's family it skips a generation. My grandma had it, her grandma had it, etc. Maybe one day one of my grandchildren will have it.
- Speaking of fingers, my closest friends know I have sausage fingers. They're short and chubby, and the look like a sausage link. I guess I can thank my dad for that.
- Wow, talk about segues. Sausage is a food, which leads me to the strangest food I've ever eaten. (Ok, that was a sketchy transition.) When I was in Ecuador in college, I ate cuy, which is guinea pig. I wouldn't recommend.
- Pigs remind me of one of dearest pets growing up: Matilda the Berkshire hog. I won her in an essay contest. She had the most awesome personality, so full of spunk. I named her after the literary heroine in Roald Dahl's books.
- Did someone mention books? Oh yeah, I did. Anywho, my favorite book of all time is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. It's such a timeless classic. For a college entrance essay, I had to write about a literary character that I identified with; I chose Jo.
- My essay must have been ok, because I was admitted to OSU. That's The Ohio State University, in case you wondered. I absolutely loved my time at OSU. I still get chills when I hear Carmen Ohio. "How firm thy friendship..."
- "...Ohio." That's where I was born, bred, and raised. I absolutely love the Buckeye State. There's such a diversity of people, topography, and industries. It's such a neat feeling to drive through the state and admire how different things can be from county to county.
- Even though there's a diversity of industries, my favorite is definitely agriculture. I don't know for sure, but I can't imagine an industry made up of more passionate people. Farmers are the hardest working bunch of people out there. They work hard to keep our country running.
- My favorite farmer is my husband, Greg. I don't know anyone who works harder. He loves what he does (most days), and he is dedicated to making a great life for me and our family.
- I hope our two boys, Dwight and Jordan, follow in their dad's footsteps one day and enter a career in agriculture. After all, they've already been in the tractor, and they sure do love cows.
So there you have it, 10 random facts. Interested in taking on the challenge? Leave a comment, so I can be sure to follow your blog!