Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wise words from Dr. James Dobson

In the process of organizing my life and sorting through papers on my desk, I found this paragraph:

"When I reach the end of my days, a moment or two from now, I must look back on something more meaningful than the pursuit of houses and land and machines and stocks and bonds. Nor is fame of lasting benefit. I consider my earthly existence to have been wasted unless I can recall.... A loving family... A consistent investment in the lives of people... An earnest attempt to serve the God who made me. And there's no better time than now to assess the values which are worthy of my time and effort."

What a great reminder of our purpose on Earth. It's not to pursue fame and fortune; it's simply to live well and serve others.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I have it framed, hanging in our bedroom, so it's something I'm reminded of each morning upon starting my day.

    ReplyDelete